NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that a gathering of the members of The Brockville Operatic Society Inc. will be held on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at the Brockville Country Club, commencing at 6:30 PM for refreshments, prior to the Annual General Meeting, which will commence at 7:00 PM, for the following purposes:
1. To approve the Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on September 23, 2016
2. To receive and consider the Financial Statements for the period June 1, 2016 to May 31, 2017
3. To appoint an auditor and to authorize the Directors to establish the fee to be paid.
4. The election of the Directors for 2017/18.
5. To transact such further and other business as may be properly brought before the meeting.
The following documents will be posted on the Brockville Operatic Society Inc’s website (brockvilleoperaticsociety.org): a proposed Agenda for the meeting; the Minutes of the AGM held on September 23, 2016; the Directors for 2017/18 and the Nomination Report, which lists the members seeking election as a Director on the 2017/2018 Board.
Copies of the Financial Statements for 2016/17 and, for those without Internet access, any of the above documents can be obtained, without cost and upon request dated not later than September 1, 2017 from the Secretary, Deanna Powers, 613-246-6679.
Members are reminded that they are entitled to cast their vote by Proxy, using a Proxy Form, obtained from the Secretary, without cost and upon request dated not later than September 8th, 2017. The properly completed Proxy must be lodged, with the President or the Secretary, before the sta1t of the aforesaid meeting. The person, who will carry your Proxy, need not be a member of the Brockville Operatic Society.
Note: Persons must have paid their Membership Fee for 2017/18 to be entitled to cast their vote, in person or by Proxy, at the meeting.
Dated at Brockville, this 21st Day of August, 2017.
Secretary to the Board